FAQs About The Run
Prizes include a specially commissioned piece of gorgeous Breeogue Pottery, Cash Prizes, Sports Apparel.
- 1st Male and Female
- 2nd Male and Female
- 3rd Male and Female
- 1st Male and Female Veteran 45 – 54
- 1st Male and Female Veteran 55 +
- 1st Male and Female Local (Strandhill Area Only)
- 1st Local Veteran (Strandhill Area Only)
- You will receive a specially designed souvenir technical running shirt with the logo on it.
- Your run will be chip timed with mountain split times and have your results once you cross the finish line.
- You will have access to water stations around the course and at the finish line.
- You will have access to the Runners Village for complimentary post race refreshments, shower facilities, access to sports therapists and other amenities.
Unfortunately no. You must have secured a race place in advance by either of the registration methods mentioned above or if you know a registered runner who cannot take part, then they can transfer their place to you using our transfer facility.
In 2023, registration will be ONLINE and ONSITE. Local registration will be in the Strand Bar, Strandhill on April 27th at 7pm. 200 places will be available. Online Registration can be accessed through this website or through Core Timing’s website and will be open on April 28th at 4pm.
The Warriors Run is a gruelling 15k (approx) race which takes competitors from the Cannon Gun at the beachfront in Strandhill to the top of Knocknarea, around Queen Maeve’s Cairn and back to the beachfront again. For the uninitiated, a 15 Kilometre race might seem easy. Not the Warriors Run! The race is classified as a road and hill race or multi-terrained, so whilst approximately nine of its kilometres are on paved roads, it is the special six kilometres in the middle, to the top of Knocknarea that gives the race its bite. These six kilometres include a 700 foot climb through fields, loose gravel, unsurfaced and heather paths. At its steepest incline on the way up, even the most professional athlete slows to a walk and then braces themselves to face the equally daunting downhill run, back down the often slippery slopes, even in the driest of weather.
The 37th Annual Warriors Run is set to take place on Saturday 26th August 2023 at 3.15pm in Strandhill Village which is 8km west of Sligo Town.