How to enter the Warriors Run
Registration details for 2023
PLEASE NOTE: Registration for the 2023 Warriors Run will open in April!
ONLINE REGISTRATION OPENS ON FRIDAY 8th April 2022 AT 4PM
(Any changes to the date or time will be relayed here and through our Facebook Page)
In order to have a fair and equitable registration process, we are unable to facilitate advance online registration prior to this date nor can we “hold” places for any individual runners. We appreciate there are a huge number of great causes and charities out there that people would like to take part in the race for, but it would be impossible to accommodate everyone and we would appreciate your understanding of this position.
For 2023, we are delighted to have again secured the services of leading event management company Core Timing to handle our online registration process and timing services for the 37th annual Warriors Run on Saturday 26th August.
Registration Details for 2023 :
The number of places in the 2023 Warriors Run will be set at 1100.
- This year again, there will be NO standby list for the 2023 Event.
- The festival committee have no input this year into the registration process (including transfers and cancellations) and all queries and/or requests for transfer must be done through Core Timing offices whose details will be on emails and on our website after registration.
- njuko.net’s online payment system will accept the following cards : Visa, Mastercard, Laser, Delta, Visa Debit and Electron
In order to participate in the The Warriors Run you must register by the following method :-
- Runners Online Registration
Competitors must register online before MONDAY 8TH AUGUST 2022 @ MIDNIGHT. The registration fee is €50 and each participant will receive a technical T-Shirt and a commerative medal (on completion of the run).
Registration will be done through njuko.net. Links are on the homepage of this site, on the Core Timing Website and below.
Please note if maximum capacity in the entry of runners is reached before the above date, registration automatically closes. No late entries can be accepted once registration cap is reached.
- Walkers Registration
Online registration for The Warriors Fun Walk is available as above. Entry fee is €20 and each participant will receive a technical T-Shirt and a commerative medal (on completion of the walk). Walkers can also register in person on FRIDAY 26TH AUGUST 2022 between 6PM and 8PM in The Warriors Festival Marquee or from 12PM on the morning of The Warriors Run.
- Onsite Registration
In appreciation of their continued support and sponsorship of the Warriors Run, the 2022 Festival Committee are allocating 200 registrations to The Strand Bar in Strandhill to be filled by the first 200 runners in attendance at the Strand Bar on Thursday 7th April 2022 at 7.00pm.
It is important to note that in order to facilitate this, the following conditions for onsite registration will STRICTLY apply :
- Registrations will be allocated on a first come first served basis
- Only one registration per person
- Person in attendance must be the person to be registered (transfers can take place at a later date)
- Registrants will be required to present Photo ID and the €50 fee (no credit cards or cheques can be accepted)
Please ensure when completing the application that your e-mail address is correct.
- THE YOUNG WARRIORS RUN
For 2022, we are delighted to continue with the Young Warriors Run on the Warriors Run day, a 5k race for younger runners that will encompass the village of Strandhill. This race will take off directly after the main run has started and will be chip timed to give younger runners that real race experience.
- Registration will open online on the 29th May and closes on Monday 8th August at midnight (NOTE: After that you can register on Friday 26th between 6.00pm and 8pm and on the morning of the Run up to 2pm in The Warriors Festival Marquee)
- Entrants must be 12 years or over and under 18 years
- There is a entry limit of 300 runners
- Entry fee €15
- T-Shirts for all entrants and a commerative medal on crossing the finish line
- Prizes for 1st Male and 1st Female home in three age categories: 12-13 years old, 14-15 years old and 16-17 years old
- PARENTAL CONSENT MUST BE GIVEN TO TAKE PART – Parental consent slip can be signed on collection of race number in event marquee.
|PLEASE NOTE THERE IS AS USUAL NO POSTAL (SNAIL MAIL) REGISTRATION FOR 2022!
Please note that due to the high levels of interest for the 2022 Run, the number of entries will be capped for safety purposes so early registration is essential.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE IS A NO REFUNDS POLICY IN OPERATION
2022 Registration Confirmation & Bib Numbers
When you register you will receive a email from Core Timing. Hold on to this email as it will be your entry confirmation along with your BIB NUMBER. These will be sent out approximately END OF JULY of registration so don’t panic if you don’t get an email straight away as in other years.
Warriors Run – Rules, Terms and Conditions
Please read carefully
1. By registering for the Warriors Run, you signify your agreement with and understanding of the following Rules, Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree fully to these Rules, Terms and Conditions, please do not register for the race.
2. Participants hereby agree to provide true, current and complete information on the Warriors Run Registration Form.
3. Participants are hereby attesting and verifying that they are physically fit and have sufficiently prepared/trained for this competition.
4. Race participants must consent to receive medical treatment which may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident and/or illness during the Warriors Run Event.
5. Race participants enter the Warriors Run at their own risk. Neither the organisers nor the sponsors will be held liable for any accidents or injuries suffered or any property lost or stolen.
6. Participants must be over 16 years of age. Where a participant is under 18 years of age a parent or guardian must sign an Entry Form.
7. All Entries are final and NON-REFUNDABLE, with exception of forced cancellation by events beyond our control e.g. Government restrictions or environmental factors such as weather etc. in this case a deferral will be offered to the following year 2023 and no further or a refund minus 25% of ticket cost .
8. Organisers retain the right to refuse to issue a Race Pack without the correct registration confirmation email. Participants should present their registration confirmation when picking up their Race Pack and Bib/Timing Chip. Organizers also retain the right to request identification.
9. If you are unable to participate in this event after you complete your registration, you may transfer your entry to another person. The new person will enter their details and include the original order number. This may be subject to a processing fee. Neither Core Timing nor the Warriors Run will be involved in the transaction between you and the person to whom you are transferring. The exchange of monies for the cost of the entry fee is between yourselves.
10. The Warriors Run Festival Committee cannot accept responsibility for incomplete registrations.
11. Participants are required to wear an official Warriors Run Race Number on the front of their singlet / shirt to participate in the race.
12. NO UN-OFFICIAL VEHICLES, BIKES, IN-LINE SKATES, SKATEBOARDS, BABY JOGGERS, PRAMS (OF ANY DESCRIPTION) WILL BE ALLOWED ON THE COURSE.
13. Animals, whether on a lead or not, are not allowed on the course.
14. Personal Trainers, mentors or coaches will not be allowed on the course unless they are entered in the event and wearing an official Warriors Run Race Number.
15. Participants are obliged to follow the instructions of Stewards, Race Officials or An Garda Siochana at all times.
16. Participants must start at the official start line and start time. Participants must complete the full measured course, and should not cut the course short or attempt to join the course at any point after the start line.
17. Participants hereby permit the free use of their name and picture by the organisers as they pertain to the Warriors Run Event. Participants agree to make themselves available if required at some date and time in the future for photo opportunities relating to the Warriors Run Event.
18. In the event of adverse weather conditions whereby it is not considered safe to traverse the mountain, runners will be provided with an alternative route – already identified.
19. Where information is provided for registration purposes (whether directly through the Website or otherwise), you accept that these methods of communication cannot be 100% secure. CoreTiming is a GDPR compliant company and will undertake to keep all information to standards as set out in the EU Directive for business to comply with GDPR. However, know that unauthorised access to this information is prohibited. In the event of a breach of security, the Warriors Run organisers cannot accept any responsibility or liability for any damages arising from the misuse or loss of data or information submitted by you directly through the Website or otherwise.
20. Failure to comply with any of these Rules, Terms and Conditions may lead to disqualification.